First, let’s identify some key differentiation points and considerations between B2B and B2C buyers:
Clearly, selling to companies is very different than selling to an individual customer. Magento’s B2B module is tailored to the unique needs of business-minded buyers by providing:
- New B2B APIs
- Payments on account
- Request for quote workflow
- Self-service company accounts
- Customized catalogs and price lists
- Buyer roles, permissions, and organizational structures
- Quick ordering by SKU, requisition lists, and enhanced re-ordering
Now, we can explore the specific benefits that Magento’s B2B module brings to your eCommerce business to reduce complexity throughout projects – allowing you to gain faster time to market and lower your total cost of ownership.
1. Magento streamlines your bidding process and inventory tracking so you can win contracts and get orders placed faster.
Reducing friction throughout the ordering process is crucial in all sales. Magento’s robust B2B module manages corporate accounts with efficient quoting and ordering systems to create a powerful buying experience that’s as smooth as a B2C checkout. Feature-rich customizations make wholesale purchases a breeze by offering:
- Per-unit costs
- Bulk pricing tiers
- Discounts for a range of order sizes
- Sub-accounts with specific price lists
- Payment & shipping options (Purchase Orders – Invoice Me – Authentication for P.O. and credit limits)
- Quote creation tools that support pricing term negotiations
Buyer Side: Request a Quote Button.
Merchant Admin: Assist Customers with Purchasing.
Magento didn’t forget about the customer experience either.With the new B2B module, your buyers can track quotes online from their account. Customers can track a quote’s status as its pending, then easily move to check out once the quote is finalized.
Buyer Side: Quote Detail View
What does that mean for your business? No more calls to your sales rep! Magento’s B2B quoting and negotiation features expedite the smaller, yet crucial tasks so you can keep your company agile with an effortlessly intuitive user experience.
2. Magento provides simplified, customizable features that give you the ability to optimize across all touch-points.
From customers service to self-service, business buyers want a thoroughly engaging web and mobile-optimized experience. Consider that in 2016:
• 53% of B2B buyers said they prefer gathering information online themselves. That’s why Magento’s autonomous, transparent information adds value to the buyer experience and caters to their wants and needs.
• 93% of B2B buyers say they would rather purchase online than from a salesperson. If you haven’t already, consider upgrading your client’s ordering experience to stay relevant in today’s competitive digital marketplace.
Companies with consistent experiences across devices stand the best chance of appealing to clients, which is really a no-brainer. Now, you can create a unified online shopping experience through Magento’s product catalog which strengthens your brand identity and increases product awareness.
3. Seamlessly Integrate Your Business with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems and Industry-Specific Extensions.
Leveraging atmosol’s eCommerce development expertise and Magento’s global ecosystem of support ensures that your backend systems are in the hands of those best equipped to craft your perfect B2B eCommerce solutions. Magento’s API is flexible, robust, and customizable enough to give you control in optimizing your buyer’s experience. From there, you can trust atmosol’s experienced professionals to implement SSL certificates, integrate payment gateways, stay PCI compliant, and create custom ERP system solutions.
Magento Commerce and Open Source Reduce Fraud Liability to Zero using Signifyd
Ultimately, if your business fails to deliver a convenient B2B purchasing experience with accurate inventory and pricing, then you’re going to lose in today’s hyper-competitive landscape. Wholesalers are looking for hassle-free ordering because our busy schedules demand efficiency. The best way to stay relevant is to reduce friction and eliminate pain points for both your buyers and yourself. For B2B, it’s a win-win to invest in long-term initiatives that enhance your value proposition and deepen your differentiation from competitors.